"Nature's Gift" Limited Edition of 195 Butterfly Framed Canvas Print by Garnet Tobacco 13" x 16-1/2
"Nature's Gift" is a delightful painting created in 2012 by artist Garnet Tobacco. The vivid blue butterfly adds a splash of colour and a sense of whimsy to any space. A Limited Edition of 195, it features Tobacco's trademark lush orange and yellow sun and is a wonderful example of his distinct style, reminiscent of the late Isaac Bignell, Tobacco's mentor and teacher.
Available in your choice of styles:
- Ready-to-hang Museum-Wrapped Canvas Unframed The canvas is water-resistant, satin poly-cotton with an acid-free receptive coating for long-term use and storage. All canvas limited editions are signed and numbered within the image, leaving the generous 3″ border free for wrapping around variety of surfaces. Printed with UV resistant inks.
- Ready-to-hang Museum-Wrapped Canvas Framed in an elegant Floater Frame in your choice of Antique Gold, Brushed Silver, Classic Black, Cherry Brown or Expresso Brown. Museum-wrapped canvas measures 13" x 16-1/2" and in the frame it measures 13-1/4 x 16-3/4"
- Print on Fine Art Paper Matted and Framed in your choice of Classic Black or Cappuccino (not shown) Decorative Frame. Overall measurement is 23-3/4" x 26-1/4" Printed on 310gsm (about 115 lbs.) fine art paper that is bright white, water resistant and made from 100% cotton rag and of exceptional quality featuring a lightly textured surface. It is acid-free, lignin free and of full archival quality. These are signed and numbered below the image, and each piece has a generous 3″ border.
- Print on Fine Art Paper Unmatted for custom framing. Please inquire below.
- Print on Unstretched Canvas Unmatted for custom framing. Please inquire below.
Cultural Background: Cree, Moose Lake Manitoba
Garnet Tobacco, a Cree artist, was born on February 6th, 1964 in Moose Lake, Manitoba. The Buffalo is his family crest symbol.
Garnet, a prolific talent, has been painting for over twenty years and occasionally sculpts in soapstone and wood. He apprenticed under Isaac Bignell, a prominent artist who has passed away. Bignell’s style and form greatly influenced Garnet who is preserving it to this day. Fluid lines, soft earthy tones against simple stylized backgrounds are all characteristics that have attracted many collectors. Garnet has works in private collections throughout Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Australia, U.S.A and Canada. His work has also been displayed at the Art Expo in Calgary.
Some of the animals that he loves to paint are those common to the plains region such as bison, herons, eagles, and hawks, but he also explores the marine world with his salmon, whales and turtles, as well as some truly delightful works depicting subjects like the butterfly, hummingbirds and loons.
Garnet’s friendship with his teacher, Isaac Bignell, was something he treasured, so preserving Isaac’s style keeps his identity alive for many to understand and collect.
On Sale Alert