"Evening Marsh" Limited Edition of 195 Framed Canvas Print by Jim Oskineegish 16-1/2" x 13"
A glorious eagle with fiery outstretched wings rises like a phoenix from the marsh, a glowing red moon dominating the sky. Bathed in the deep blue beauty of night, this vibrant, exciting and bold painting is rife with symbolism telling the story of the Ojibwe people through the artistic vision of second generation Ahnisnabae woodland artist Jim Oskineegish. Painting in the woodland style since the spring of 2005, Jim gravitated towards artistic expression at an early age and came to realize back then that his art made people happy and content. He also discovered that through his art he could promote a positive image of Ojibwe culture, and that there lies a spiritual power in colour and cultural symbols that can uplift people -- he learned that art can heal.
Evening Marsh is a Limited Edition of 195. Printed on 310gsm (about 115 lbs.) fine art paper that is bright white, water resistant and made from 100% cotton rag and of exceptional quality featuring a lightly textured surface. It is acid-free, lignin free and of full archival quality. These are signed and numbered below the image, and each piece has a generous 3″ border.
The canvas is water-resistant, satin poly-cotton with an acid-free receptive coating for long-term use and storage. All canvas limited editions are signed and numbered within the image, leaving the generous 3″ border free for wrapping around variety of surfaces. Printed with UV resistant inks.
Available in your choice of styles:
- Ready-to-hang Museum-Wrapped Canvas Unframed
- Ready-to-hang Museum-Wrapped Canvas Framed in an elegant Floater Frame in your choice of Antique Gold, Brushed Silver, Classic Black, Cherry Brown or Expresso Brown. Museum-wrapped canvas measures 16-1/2" x 13" and in the frame it measures 16-3/4" x 13-1/4". (images of this print in floater frames is unavailable so we have included images of his "Balance of Light" in the floater frames for your reference)
- Print on Fine Art Paper Matted and Framed in your choice of Classic Black or Cappuccino (not shown) Decorative Frame. Overall measurement 26-1/4" x 23-3/4"
- Print on Fine Art Paper Unmatted for custom framing. Please inquire below.
- Print on Unstretched Canvas Unmatted for custom framing. Please inquire below.
Please contact us for a custom framing quote which includes cost of the materials and our fee or we can ship your order to your choice of framer anywhere in North America. We highly recommend our framer of choice, Kat's Gallery in Jackson's Point, Ontario.
Cultural Background: Ojibwe, Eabametoong First Nation (Fort Hope), Ontario
Jim Oskineegish is an Ojibwe artist who is a registered member of the Eabametoong First Nation which is located in northwestern Ontario, Canada. Jim paints in the Shamanistic Woodland Style using bold lines and bright colors. He loves to paint legends and stories of his people and hopes that his art can bridge a universal understanding of love, faith, and unity. “I want to promote positive Ahnisnabae culture to the world.”
Jim has post-secondary instruction in the field of visual arts and has further developed his own unique and distinctive style. If Jim can evoke a response or emotion from the viewer, then he feels that he is successful in the world of contemporary art. While in attendance at Lakehead University, he was awarded the Framing Experience Award during the Lakehead University Juried Student Art Exhibition in 1990-1992. Subsequently, he then was awarded the Thunder Bay Society of Architects Award during the Lakehead University Juried Student Art Exhibition in 1991-1992.