"Heiltsuk Thunderbird and Killer Whale" Limited Edition of 195 Print by Fred Anderson 13" x 16.5"
Lush warm hues of desert tan and sage green provide a soft backdrop for the bold colours and shapes of the thunderbird and killer whale. Masterful and spiritual, Heiltsuk Thunderbird and Killer Whale is among our favourites from the artist Fred Anderson.
Available in your choice of styles:
- Ready-to-hang Museum-Wrapped Canvas Unframed
- Ready-to-hang Museum-Wrapped Canvas Framed in an elegant Floater Frame in your choice of Antique Gold, Brushed Silver, Classic Black, Cherry Brown or Expresso Brown. Museum-wrapped canvas measures 13" x 16-1/2" and in the frame it measures 13-1/4" x 16-3/4".
- Print on Fine Art Paper Matted and Framed in your choice of Classic Black or Cappuccino (not shown) Decorative Frame. Overall measurement 23-2/4" x 26-1/4"
- Print on Fine Art Paper Unmatted for custom framing. Please inquire below.
- Print on Unstretched Canvas Unmatted for custom framing. Please inquire below.
Heiltsuk Thunderbird and Killer Whale is a Limited Edition of 195. Printed on 310gsm (about 115 lbs.) fine art paper that is bright white, water resistant and made from 100% cotton rag and of exceptional quality featuring a lightly textured surface. It is acid-free, lignin free and of full archival quality. These are signed and numbered below the image, and each piece has a generous 3″ border.
The canvas is water-resistant, satin poly-cotton with an acid-free receptive coating for long-term use and storage. All canvas limited editions are signed and numbered within the image, leaving the generous 3″ border free for wrapping around variety of surfaces. Printed with UV resistant inks.
Cultural Background: Heiltsuk/Wuikinux Nation from Bell Bella, River Inlet, BC
Fred was born 1966 at Rivers Inlet, BC, a village situated just east of the northern tip of Vancouver Island. Fred belongs to Heiltsuk/Wuikinuxv Nation Tribe of Bella-Bella, BC. Traditional art has always been a part of his life and is now a major tool in his healing journey. Fred believes that success and happiness is something you attract by the person you become along the way. His art is a direct reflection or manifestation of his spirit. All of Fred's designs have a story incorporating culture with spiritual development; it encourages those to reach deeper and gain more from life. After all, encouragement is a spiritual fuel. Taught by Ross Hunt and influenced by his aunt Sharon Johnson & David Gladstone; it’s his friends Bill Smith & Matt James who taught him to make his art speak.
“We are all spirits having a human experience. We are all here to walk each other home.” The signature feather is a reminder that there is more in us than we are currently expressing.
You may also like...
On Sale Alert
Current price is:
Tell me when the price is: