"Friends" Limited Edition of 495 Print by Benjamin Chee Chee 16-1/2" x 13"
This beautifully flowing work of art embodies the distinctive graphic style of the late Benjamin Chee Chee. His work is timeless and is at home in any contemporary space as well as very collectible with originals selling for well into the thousands. Two acrylic paintings on paper, both entitled Goose, recently sold for over $10,000 each.
Friends is a Limited Edition of 495. Edition number is printed on the left side of the canvas or paper and print is digitally signed with the artist's signature. Printed on either 310gsm fine art paper or satin poly-cotton canvas with water resistant surface. Printed with UV resistant inks.
Available in your choice of styles:
- Ready-to-hang Museum-Wrapped Canvas Unframed
- Ready-to-hang Museum-Wrapped Canvas Framed in an elegant Floater Frame in your choice of Antique Gold, Brushed Silver, Classic Black, Cherry Brown or Expresso Brown. Museum-wrapped canvas measures 16-1/2" x 13" and in the frame it measures 16-3/4" x 13-1/4".
- Print on Fine Art Paper Matted and Framed in your choice of Classic Black or Cappuccino (not shown) Decorative Frame. Overall measurement 26-1/4" x 23-3/4"
- Print on Fine Art Paper Unmatted for custom framing. Please inquire below.
- Print on Unstretched Canvas Unmatted for custom framing. Please inquire below.
Questions about this product please call 1-877-498-6658 or Email
Cultural Background: Ojibway, Temagami Reserve, Bear Island Ontario
Born in Temagami, Ontario, Chee Chee largely taught himself to draw and paint. His father died when he was two months old and he lost track of his mother. One reason behind his drive for success as a painter was his ambition to be reunited with her.
He was a prominent member of the second generation of Woodland Indian painters, a native art movement that began in the early 1960s and has since become one of the important art schools in Canada. Unlike many of his contemporaries, Chee Chee pursued an economical graphic style, a reduction of line and image more in keeping with mainstream international modern art.
At the age of thirty-two and at the height of a new found success as an artist and printmaker Chee Chee died tragically by committing suicide.
You may also like...
On Sale Alert
Current price is:
Tell me when the price is: